So running some tests it is hard to tell with precision what is “truth” is… and I’m not going to throw around the word ‘scientific’ like I’m one of those cool kids who wear glasses with no lenses, as to not give any false pretense about how I’m approaching this problem.
What I can say is that my roasts are more underdeveloped than when I had first made some truly delicious profiles some odd 8 to 10 months ago. To me that means that less energy is getting to or transferred from roaster to beans. I have guesses but I do not know where the issue stems from. I just want to understand how my roaster handles so I can adjust profiles to get back to roasting truly exceptional coffee. What I can say for sure is that a higher fan itself is not going to fix this, the fan is a polishing step and this issue requires more than a step. The amount of energy taken on an incline is slightly less than a flat segment in that temp range. The energy/wattage consumption does increase as the temp increases. Where I used to approach roasting on this machine, that the higher the slope the more power was needed. Where each segment could be a dial and simply increasing slope would be increasing the power (wattage used) within that segment. I won’t know for sure without roasting more if this is true or has changed. I did not have a multimeter connected when I first started roasting so I cannot be certain about my past observations but that was the basis for how I created/corrected profiles previously.