Now it’s happened…I don’t know if this is related to the iOS 13 issue that someone posted or not, but I can’t connect to my roaster. It was working for about 2 weeks since I got this roaster.
- turning the roaster off for at least 30 minutes and turning it on again, or turning it on/off multiple times
- deleting the iOS app and reinstalling it again. I even signed up using a new email account and that didn’t work either.
- restarting my iPhone
- installing the iOS app on an iPad Pro and an IPad Air 2(slightly older operating system) - these didn’t work.
- the Ikawa app simply indicates “Looking for roaster…” and nothing happens. If I turn off/on the Bluetooth signal on the iPhone, the app will then indicate “Connecting” but it never connects.
- I can see the roaster info details (Bluetooth name, roaster ID, type, etc…) in the Ikawa system settings when I turn the Bluetooth off and then on again.
- I also tried to enable “update roaster firmware” and when the pop-up screen for the Firmware Update (asking whether you want to update Later or Update Now), the app freezes and becomes unresponsive and nothing happens.
- If I try to run the roaster (which should have the last profile that I ran in memory), the temperature doesn’t increase. It seems to just be the cooling fan and then it stops.
I was creating new profiles on the app when this whole thing started. I don’t know whether the roaster is in some sort of failed firmware update. Is there a way to factory reset the roaster?
Any other tips on how I might troubleshoot this? I’ve already emailed support but since it’s the weekend, I won’t hear back until Monday hopefully.
Thanks and Regards,