Classed as a speciality coffee, the Finca La Cumbre estate lies just outside Guatemala City to the south. It is comparitively large at 40 hectares when looking at other farms in the the area which are about only 2 to 4 hectares. The size is typically small as land prices go up around big cities.
“La Cumbre” means “The Peak” as the farm is right up there at the top (over a mile up). Some might suggest this also applies to the beans and the resulting coffee.
- Origin: Guatemala
- Region: Fraijanes
- Owner: Federico Cruz Sandoval
- Altitude: 1,675 to 1,825 m.a.s.l
- Varietal: Catuai
- Processing: Fully Washed & sun dried on patios
- Tasting Notes: Cherries and brandy
- Roasting Notes: Medium roast
My roasting recipe can be found here.