The Espresso Adjustment Equivalent to Coffee Roasting

beginner

Recently I watched an espresso tutorial video and that has got me thinking that generally there is a base somewhere in the coffee roasting graph that should be easier to understand in adjustments and apply well to most or all coffees. Whether or not they are perfect for the coffee I am not sure but I know I like this profile. I do not have access to more beans than my own consumption so testing this profile for me will be slow. I still think to use the “immediate use” profile for a) immediate use b) cupping/discovering a new coffee as this profile (ME+H3) will require some rest.

Some other notes about the profile:
The sections for adjustment are mainly the first rise and dip. I don’t really go above 380F/193.33C on the initial rise (usually because of tipping, I am in a warm climate), the extent of the dip and its proceeding rise is dependent on how long and how fast I want to be in yellow. A thing to note is to try and get an orange hue on the beans and see how that effects taste. I can get orange by taking yellow slower. Yellow I’ve seen happens around 400F/204C.

The small rounding above 400F/204C is just a smoothing factor imo, but the length and temp of the proceeding phase is important as well as the finish. I don’t have much to say on these of what is correct or what flavors to expect. But I air on the side of softer cracks are better than loud cracks in my personal opinion.

https://share.ikawa.support/profile_home/?CAESEE0bQPMPJEMYjFXixtWQikwaBU1FK0gzIgUIABD0AyIGCMUCEMkMIgYI3gIQ3wYiBgifCRCrECIGCJ4MEJIRIgYIwyAQhBMiBgiZKxDCEyoFCAAQxAEqBgiZKxDDATABOgYIoTkQzAE=

-More to come eventually. Keep calm and carry on.

Regards,
Deven

https://share.ikawa.support/profile_home/?CAESEJ50lkGSuUQqrSIWZ+NbVkoaDk1FK0gzIHYuNCBndWF0IgUIABD0AyIGCKYDELENIgYIvQQQ9wkiBgj8BxCrECIGCJcPEPUSIgYIwyAQ3BIiBgiZKxC3EioFCAAQxAEqBgiZKxDDATABOgYIoTkQzAE=

This variation was used on a double washed Guatemalan, the nose here was promising of a rich/complex chocolate. This 84pt bean has been difficult because it is easy to tip and burn and the window is very small. On the Immediate Use profile, I got milk chocolate and nuts near 2C. So far other roasts have ranged from cheap diner coffee pot to that’s beautifully classic dark cherry Guat flavor. I’m anxious to cup/aeropress this and see how the profile tastes.